Do you have a strong passion for development and want to work in a creative, welcoming environment on world-class websites and software? Keep reading.
Doghouse is a fast-growing, award winning Australian digital agency with offices in Perth and Melbourne. We pride ourselves on our vibrant culture, innovative minds and enthusiasm for the latest in technology and design trends. We are currently on the lookout for an experienced Frontend Web Developer to join our team.
We’re a passionate bunch, looking for equally passionate individuals to join our growing team. We drink a lot of coffee, cycle into work, value our well being and our team. Stocked kitchens, monthly celebrations, in-house training and periodic guest lecturers are part of our people offering.
We pride ourselves on being collaborative and creative and we keep out structure flat to ensure we nurture this. We offer a team-oriented environment in which each person is motivated by our company goals and growth. We love working with other smart people and creating something that is best in class and beautiful for our clients.
You should have
- Passion for development and building new things
- Knowledge in using frontend package management tools, such as NPM
- Ability to translate a design into functional, responsive web applications
- Attention to detail and passion for building beautiful front end experiences
- Experience with technical documentation and specifications
- Experience with agile frameworks and methodologies (SCRUM)
- Good knowledge of HTML5, ES6, Webpack and SASS
- Good Linux/command line experience
- Experience with consuming APIs
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and face to face
- The ability to speak up, give feedback and have constructive conversations with your team
- Experience with Drupal, Laravel or similar PHP frameworks is preferable
- Drupal.org, Github.com, Stackoverflow.com or similar social accounts. Highly regarded if you contribute regularly to any of these services or an open source project
- Have your own blog, website or personal project you maintain
- UX/UI Design experience or training
- The ability to make us laugh
Things we love
- Making awesome websites and applications
- The open source community
- Music, film and gaming
- Getting our “active on” and doing triathlons, gymming - whatever wellness means to you
- Wine, beer and food is on the cards too
- Coffee obviously
Why working for Doghouse is awesome
- A creative and dynamic team with interesting projects and great clients
- We love to embrace new technologies and always looking for ways that technology can improve our products, the business and processes
- Creativity, fun and innovation is encouraged
- Relaxed yet professional environment
- You can make a difference
This is a full-time role with salary negotiable based on experience. Attention to detail is very important to us, so take heed of the application requirements above.
Our recruitment process consists of an initial pre screen via our Dev Quiz and interviews with the team.
Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to Doghouse!