Doghouse Agency is a fast growing, national award winning digital agency with an exciting portfolio of diverse, high profile clients. We pride ourselves on our vibrant culture, innovative minds and enthusiasm for the latest in technology and design trends. We currently have offices conveniently located in Perth and Melbourne CBDs, close by public transport and all the CBD has to offer.
We are seeking a Finance and Payroll Officer to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Perth.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience as an accountant, assistant accountant or bookkeeper, who has had exposure in a professional environment and is eager to join our close knit team to help facilitate the growth of our business.
The role is offered on a part time basis, two or three days per week, with flexibility around days and work hours should you need it.
- Payroll, including liaising directly with employees
- Bookkeeping, data entry, filing of documents. This includes data entry in accounting (Xero), CRM and other business systems
- Accounts receivable and payable, including invoicing and debtor management including following up on overdue invoices and responding to basic client accounts queries
- Accounts payable including liaison with suppliers, data entry in Xero, arranging purchases and ordering, filing of paperwork and scheduling payments to suppliers
- Reviewing, preparing and reporting financial metrics and results to the COO in a timely fashion
- Preparing financial reports, statements and other financial information
- Ensuring compliance with Australian accounting standards and other legislative requirements
- Liaising with and reporting to regulatory authorities including Offices of State Revenue, ATO and ASIC. This will include among other things BAS, payroll tax and FBT returns, and liaising with external accountants regarding income tax
- Ad hoc financial, administrative and general office duties
- General office tasks including answering phones (primarily accounts related phone calls), greeting office visitors, managing stationery supplies, maintaining the boardroom in a presentable manner, restocking kitchen supplies
Our ideal candidate:
- At least two years of relevant experience in a accountant / assistant accountant / bookkeeper role in a professional services environment
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate IV or equivalent in accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Proficiency with Xero essential
- Minimum intermediate Microsoft Office skills with a focus on MS Excel, advanced skills desirable
- Extensive experience working with payroll, accounts payables and receivables in a professional services context
- Good organisational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Professional and well presented
Please include both your resume and cover letter with your application.