Doghouse Agency is a fast-growing, national award winning digital agency with an exciting portfolio of diverse, high profile clients. We pride ourselves on our vibrant culture, innovative minds and enthusiasm for the latest in technology and design trends. We currently have offices conveniently located in Perth and Melbourne CBDs, close by public transport and all the CBD has to offer.
Given our agency is growing we are seeking the right person to join our HQ in Perth and work closely with our COO to provide Finance support to our team. The role is predominantly assisting with payroll duties, directly with employees, but you will also be involved in ad hoc financial, administrative and general office management.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience as an accountant, assistant accountant or bookkeeper, who has had exposure in a professional environment and is eager to join our close knit team to help facilitate the growth of our business.
The role is on a part time basis, two or three days per week, with flexibility around days and work hours should you need it.
Please see below more detail on the responsibilities of the role;
- Managing payroll, including liaising directly with employees
- Bookkeeping, data entry, filing of documents
- Accounts receivable and payable, including invoicing and debtor management
- Reviewing, preparing and reporting financial metrics and results to the COO in a timely fashion
- Preparing financial reports, statements and other financial information
- Ensuring compliance with Australian accounting standards and other legislative requirements
- Liaising with and reporting to regulatory authorities including Offices of State Revenue, ATO and ASIC. This will include among other things BAS, payroll tax and FBT returns, and liaising with external accountants regarding income tax
- Assist COO with ad hoc financial, administrative and general office duties
- Lodging timesheets on time
- Familiarity with current Australian payroll regulations and requirements
- Familiarity with the Australian accounting standards
- Ability to present financial information to the key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Professional and well presented
- An ability to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively with the team and our clients
- High level of initiative with a strong drive to solve problems.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least two years of relevant experience as an accountant, assistant accountant, bookkeeper in a professional environment
- Minimum 2+ years experience with payroll
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate IV or equivalent in accounting and/or bookkeeping essential
- Proficiency with Xero essential.